2007/06/11

More fun...

Lately we have been staying pretty active, especially when the weather was so nice for so long. We went on a hike up the Chief in Squamish and tried taking Makenna on some cross-country mountain bike trails. We have a new comfy backpack for her which she has fallen asleep in many times already. We thought we'd better invest in some good quality gear for our family so we'll always be able to take our kids with us on our adventures. Here are our pictures:I forgot how much of a climb hiking the Chief was. It's like a good stairmaster. It felt really good to hike again for myself. It's been awhile.. good thing Troy took the backpack with Makenna.Stopping in front of the creek on the way up the mountain.Troy and Makenna on top of the Chief with Garibaldi Mt. in the background. We made it to the top just in time for Makenna to explore a bit and then have a nap before heading back down.Me and my baby..

Here we are overlooking Squamish, where Makenna was born...

These next photos are from one of our biking adventures in the trails around Lost Lake. Troy and I ended up biking on a pretty hot day and needed to take a couple breaks for water and to take care of the baby. We were nice and sweaty...Makenna and Daddy after riding over a long and narrow wood bridge.. Makenna is going to be so used to doing crazy things that nothing is going to phase her when she's older. I don't want to imagine the scary things she'll probably do with her dad one day!Here is Makenna eating her lunch in her nice cozy seat. She's such a good baby letting us take her everywhere.

So that's the update for now.. we have more coming soon.

5 komente:

Eyes on the Prize tha...

Yaah! more pictures!! Love your blog!!
Wow, Makenna is one little girl who will never lack adventure. Love the helmet! She is just so so so so cute!!
I don't think Makenna will have a bone of fear in that little body. She'll just think her life is normal, and every other kid does the same.
Also I believe Makenna will also come to realize real early, that she's got a BIG GOD, that created a beautiful earth! WOW, how can anyone ever say there is no God when you see such beauty!
Love you guys!
It's a hot day here in Thailand... couldn't ever imagine climbing anything here..
Mom

Maplemusketeer tha...

Those pictures are awesome! It's great to see that you're off adventuring and having good times. I always enjoy keeping up to date on your current adventures :)

Eyes on the Prize tha...

Awe, just saw that bikini picture!!! SO cute! And Troy at the water park... You guys look like you're having so much fun with that sweet little girl.

You gotta say, having a kid sure are fun!! You guys are great parents, you can just see it in Makenna's eyes. She is just so loved!
MOM

Amber and Amanda tha...

I love your pictures. You look like you are having so much fun. I just got back from living with a Thai family. It was great! There was even a scorpion hanging out in our house. I can't wait to hang out with you guys and Makenna. I love you!

Amanda

Daniel N. tha...

Hey guys! Just signed in at msn after a long time and seen your comment about your new blog. It´s so great to see you guys being a happy little family!!! Great pictures, keep em coming :-)

greetings from germany,
daniel n. (you remember me, don´t ya? :) )