Today is Makenna's 2 year birthday! And to me she seems like she's grown up in the past year like crazy.. our little baby is gone and turned into a big girl. For one thing, she's potty trained now... as soon as we put all those diapers away it was as if she grew up in her mind. She copies us in a lot of things.. We especially have to watch out for what we say in front of her as she's a little mimic! The funny things I've caught her doing to imitate us is: "shaving" her legs in the bath like mommy--not with a razor-- just with my poof ball; telling her babies "no" and their going to get a spanking; measuring everything with a baby sized measuring tape like daddy does at work and saying "that's 10 inches".. and lots more! She loves singing: Wheels on the bus, I'm a little teapot, baby beluga, Baa Baa black sheep, mary had a little lamb... almost every nursery rhyme you can think of.. she learns a new song every day pretty much.

Here's Makenna's cozy new flannel sheets from Gramma Judy.

And a horse from Gramma Lil and Papa Stan..

And some cute new jeans..

And a Mr. Potato Head from Grampa Rob..

And earlier today she was making her yummy birthday cake with Gramma..
She got so many presents she doesn't know what to play with! But it was such a fun day for her.. singing happy birthday and blowing those candles out! Just having a lot of attention from so many people made her day full!
Here's some other things we've been up to lately.. This is Troy's project house for the fall. We bought a fixer-upper and boy did it need fixing! Troy has improved it greatly so far.. I still need to find a picture of what it looked like at the very beginning..


Makenna and I come to check in on the progress of the house daily.

Although Halloween isn't a very nice day... it still is fun for the kids to go out and get candy. Troy and I wanted candy... and so we dressed our little horsey up and took her around the neighbourhood. "Trick or Treat", she'd say and then walk right into the people's houses. She sure did look cute!

Makenna is definately a little girl and likes to dress up and dance in her dresses..

.. and I like taking pictures of her!

Here's her ski equipment for the winter! All ready to go!

Here she's helping mommy paint the walls.. Of course she has to have her own little paint roller.

Makenna loves her forts and little beds that aren't in her real bed..

This is Makenna's friend Ella.. who's a year younger than Makenna.. and Makenna's pushing her in her dolly stroller.

And finally here's a picture from my birthday a month ago. This is where Makenna got her practice for her birthday today.. by blowing out mommy's candles three times in a row!

Until next time.. hopefully I won't procrastinate so long between posts!
2 komente:
Happy Birthday Makenna! I can't believe how quickly 2 has snuck up on everyone. Does it make you feel old yet Sherri? lol, I guess we'll have to wait to claim "old" status until they are 25 and having kids :)
Great pictures!
I love these pictures!!! I wish I was there! I love Makenna's smile. She looks so grown up with her hair braided. Makenna's going to have to teach me how to ski when I come back. Hee Hee! I love it! I miss you so much Sherri and can't wait to see you again. Give Makenna a big hug from me and tell her that I can't wait to dance with her to "Baby Baluega" one day.
Love you, Amanda
Posto një koment