2009/03/27

Keziah's two months already!










Keziah's two months already.... wow! And on her two month old birthday her daddy turned 30! Yikes! Actually, 30 doesn't seem as old as it used to sound to me when I was a kid. But 40, that still seem old!

Back to the two month old, who's got her whole life ahead of her, she is doing super good! Minus the fact that our whole family has colds right now, we're doing great. Keziah is a great sleeper (except when I eat something spicy). On average every night she will go to bed around 10:30 and wake up at 4:30am to feed and then sleep until 8:30. I'm not complaining at all! It really sucks though when the baby's sleeping so good and then Makenna decides to keep us awake with different things through the night. The life of a parent!

Keziah is gaining weight pretty good! At two months, she's pushing 12 lbs and looking nice and plump! I love the smiley stage that she's in right now. It makes the night feedings not seem so bad. She loves watching Makenna playing around the room, although I think Makenna's volume makes her ears ring sometimes. Makenna is LOUD! I think it's payback time for me since I know I was a loud kid for my parents as well. And it is definately the terrible two's! Yikes it's hard to motivate her to do some things... All I'll hear back is, "NO! I don't fink so!", "NO! Don't come on my couch!", "No! Don't look at me!" She's pretty good when it comes to her little sister, though. She LOVES Keziah so much! She'll try to hug her, helps me change diapers and laughs whenever Keziah makes a noise or funny face!

I'm loving being a mom of two. Going out places just takes a bit more planning, but as long as I've got spare changes of clothes, my breast-pump/bottle, diapers and some snacks I can go anywhere! I'm loving that the snow is melting and soon I can start biking around with the girls.

Easter is coming soon and so are my sisters! Yay! They are coming home from Thailand and finally coming to visit us here in Golden. It will be fun having all of us Griffi-kids together again. Jon and Ashley will be coming up here too!

And more good news we just found out this last week: Todd (Troy's brother) and Chelsea are having a baby! Yahoo! Makenna and Keziah are going to have a little cousin! And I'm going to finally be an aunty! They are due on my birthday in October.

Troy is still busy with reno's on the other house we have here in town and is hoping to be done within a month. They have started to paint and put cabinets in. Next step will be flooring and trim. We plan to rent that house out and maybe one day in the future live there.

2 komente:

Anonim tha...

thanks for the new pictures Sherri!
We'll call you guys soon to talk about a visit over the next while!
love chelsea and todd

carolyn and steve tha...

great update. you all look like you are doing great. super awesome to see. enjoy your sibling visit - sounds like it will be fun.