2008/01/26

Life update!




Yikes time flies and I keep forgetting to update this blog. It's almost February! It definately is one of the coldest times of the year right now. The thermometer outside said -20 C the other day.. it's too cold to even go for a walk (at least for Makenna)! But everything sure is pretty with all the snow everywhere. Makenna loves the snow and just can't eat enough. When we go for walks in her stroller I'll put some snow up on the tray so she can lick it off her mitten as we walk. "MMmmm" says Makenna.

I have some pictures of the end of our trip in Thailand.. Our family on the elephant and the last day at my family's place playing in the park. It was such a great trip and Makenna to this day will still bow the "wai" when she hears the Thai greeting "Sawatdikah". She doesn't know how to say peek-a-boo in english, but in thai it's easy! "Juh eh!" Makenna sure misses being with her Gramma and Grampa and Aunties.. It was so nice for me too to have them take care of her for almost the whole month we were there. She would wash the dishes with Gramma and it didn't matter if she got water everywhere because Gramma's floor is all tile and the kitchen is outside anyways... What a great place for a toddler!

And then we came back home to cold Canada! Brrrrr! What a change in climate! We had three Christmas celebrations this year... one with my family in Thailand, the next one on Christmas day with our roomates Amy and Sacha, and the last one was around New Years with Troy's family visiting from Ontario. It was busy, but fun! It is so nice to have family around at Christmas! Our house was full, just the way it should be. We went tobogganing a couple times right near our house and did a bunch of skiing. Makenna hasn't skied yet, we are still working on getting the right ski equipment since she starts crying as soon as Troy puts on her ski boots (which are too big and too hard). But she will probably love it when she starts skiing... if it's not too cold out!

We are busy in our new town and new church. We've been blessed to meet a bunch of Christian young adults and young married couples to hang out with. Together we have started a Sunday evening service called the "Challenge", to challenge ourselves and other skiers/snowboarders spiritually. So far we are three weeks into it tonight and it is going well. I'm involved in the music on Sunday morning and evening which keeps me busy with a couple practices a week. We also ski as much as we can weather and time permitting as we love it so much. I am still looking into starting a daycare here in our house, so that also is another daily project that keeps me occupied. I am working on a child care course here at home (as often as I have time for homework!) so that maybe one day I'll be a lisenced child care provider; we'll see how it all ends up!

Makenna is growing like a little weed... and getting into everything. Her favourite thing to get into when mom's not home is daddy's tools as he's fixing skis or other projects around the house.. so far she hasn't hurt herself, but we are learning to be more careful and babyproof the house constantly! She is turning into a little jabber-mouth too. She can say a bunch of recognizable words already like "up", "out", "woof-woof" for puppy, "grampa and gramma", "nana and paba", "bobbo" for bottle, "bafp" for bath, and there's more... We went to the library the other day and after a while Makenna was ready to go home but we were still waiting for Troy, so looking around Makenna finally spots Troy and yells out, "Dada, ba bye". It was so cute.. I think she definitely understands a lot more than we think she does!

Well. this blog won't let me upload pictures of Christmas for some reason so I'll try to post them some other time.. That's the update for now.

3 komente:

Ashley tha...

Glad your back, I've missed your posts! I can't believe how big Makenna is getting. She's such a cutie.

Amber and Amanda tha...

Aww, My neice is sooooooooooo cute. I miss you guys and Makenna so much!! Can't wait to see the Christmas pictures.

Eyes on the Prize tha...

Hi Sherri ... I just got on and read this post. We sure miss you guys! I'd love to give Makenna a big Grampa squeeze right now ... guess I'll have to wait until we see you on Skype again (soon I hope).
Love you!
Dad